Defiance County Coronavirus Information
Click for Specific Re-Opening Information and Resources
Defiance County Resources
Defiance County COVID-19 Updates - *No change from 6/2/2020 at 1:00pm to 6/3/2020 at 1:00pm
DCGHD is working in collaboration the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and are actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. Steps you can take to prevent the spread of flu and common cold will also help prevent COVID-19. This includes covering your cough, washing your hands, and implementing social distancing.
Only essential travel is permitted
- Travel into or out of the state is allowed to maintain essential businesses and operations and minimum basic operations.
- Travel is permitted to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
- Individuals may travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
- Ohioans may travel to return to a place of residence from outside the jurisdiction.
- Individuals may travel if required by law enforcement or court order, including to transport children pursuant to a custody agreement.
- Non-residents may travel to return to their place of residence outside Ohio. These individuals are strongly encouraged to verify that their transportation out of the state remains available and functional prior to commencing such travel
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of State have been updating their travel advisories in response to the global coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. Current top-level advisories related to COVID-19 are summarized below. Note the State Department’s most critical advisory level is 4, while the CDC’s most critical advisory level is 3.
Press Releases and other News Releases
- May 28, 2020 Press Release-DCGHD Change in Services in Response to COVID-19
- May 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 22, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 8, 2020 Press Release – Change in Services Updated
- March 26, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Third Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 26, 2020 Distrito de Salud General del Condado de Defiance Reporta El Tercer caso de enfermedad Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 20, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 17, 2020 Press Release – Changes in Services in Response to COVD-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Change in Services related to COVID-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – Coronavirus
- State of Ohio Press Conferences – at OhioChannel.org
Public Health Orders
- Stay Safe Ohio Orders – 4/30/2020
- Pubic Health Orders
- Stay at Home Orders Amended 4/2/2020
- K-12 School Orders – 3/30/20
- Stay at Home Orders 3/23/2020
- Restaurant and Bar Orders
- Mass Gathering Orders Amended – 3/17/2020
Coronavirus General Information