Defiance County Coronavirus Information
Starting May 6th, 2021, the Defiance County General Health District (DCGHD) will no longer be posting daily Defiance County COVID-19 updates to the website or social media.
The Ohio Department of Health’s (ODH) COVID-19 Dashboard displays the most recent data reported in Defiance County about cases, hospitalizations, deaths, and demographics related to COVID-19. The “COVID-19 Update” is updated after 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click the link below to view the Dashboard.
Ohio is distributing safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines statewide to those who choose to be vaccinated. Over time, more providers may be added to effectively distribute the vaccine. The State is strategically and thoughtfully distributing the vaccines to Ohioans according to a phased approach. Currently these phases include those at the greatest risk in conjunction with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM). Those identified in the current Phase of vaccination that are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can contact one of the following Defiance County locations. For more information on vaccine phases, read the information below the providers. The COVID-19 vaccine is available to all eligible Ohioans at 16 and up. Individuals ages 16-17 are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine, the only COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use for those under age 18.
Defiance County Provider Information
The information below is provided to DCGHD by the providers. Information is subject to change. Please contact the providers for additional information regarding scheduling.
|Community Memorial Hospital||Call Community Memorial Hospital at 419-542-5681|
|Mercy Health-Defiance||Call: 1-866-624-0366 (Press 2 for scheduling then Press 1 for Ohio then Press 3 for Toledo Region)
M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Residents will need to create an account in order to schedule an appointment.
|Hicksville Pharmacy||Call: 419-542-6218|
|Okuley Pharmacy||Call: 419-784-4800 Select option 2
Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm
OR visit https://www.okuleypharmacy.com/
|Rite Aid Pharmacy (North Clinton Street, Defiance)||Visit https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19|
|Meijer Pharmacy-Defiance||Visit https://clinic.meijer.com/ or text "COVID" to 75049|
|Wal-Mart Pharmacy - Defiance||Visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302|
|Defiance Activate||Call: 419-782-2147
Address: 25568 Elliot Road Defiance, OH 43512
Can I get the the vaccine?
Vaccine Links & Resources
***This survey is only intended for local organizations to complete.***
If your organization is in the State of Ohio Prioritization List in Defiance County, please complete the survey above.
Stay home if you might have been exposed to COVID-19. Quarantine is used to keep someone who might have been exposed to COVID-19 away from others. Quarantine helps prevent spread of disease that can occur before a person knows they are sick or if they are infected with the virus without feeling symptoms. People in quarantine should stay home, separate themselves from others, monitor their health, and follow directions from their state or local health department.
Separate yourself from others if you have COVID-19. Isolation is used to separate people infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from people who are not infected. People who are in isolation should stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others. In the home, anyone sick or infected should separate themselves from others by staying in a specific “sick room” or area and using a separate bathroom (if available).
Considerations for getting tested for COVID-19.
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19 may want to be tested
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19 may want to be tested.
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider, or health department.
Not everyone needs to be tested. If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
DCGHD is working in collaboration the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and are actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. Steps you can take to prevent the spread of flu and common cold will also help prevent COVID-19. This includes covering your cough, washing your hands, implementing social distancing, and wearing a face covering when around others.
Press Releases and Other News Releases
- May 18th, 2021-Changes in Services
- March 26th, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 2D
- March 18,2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1E, Phase 1C, Phase 2D
- March 11, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1D and Phase 2B
- March 3, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1C and Phase 2
- February 12, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B
- February 5, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 65 years of age and older
- January 28, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 70 years of age and older
- January 21, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B
- January 14, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 80 Years of Age and Older
- December 31, 2020-COVID-19 Vaccine-Defiance County
- December 21, 2020-DCGHD COVID-19 Holiday Safety
- December 9, 2020-COVID-19 Updated COVID-19 Quarantine (close contact) Guidance-Defiance County
- November 13, 2020-COVID-19 Pop-up Testing Event in Defiance County Press Release
- November 3, 2020- DCGHD Changes in Services in Response to COVID-19
- October 29, 2020- COVID19 Pop-up Testing Event in Defiance County Press Release
- October 26,2020- DCGHD Increase in Cases and Wastewater Data Press Release
- October 9, 2020 – DCGHD COVID-19 Halloween Safety
- August 18, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreaks
- July 24, 2020 Press Release – Defiance County Ohio Statewide Mask Mandate Joint Press Release
- July 23, 2020 Press Release – Public Health Advisory System Update and Fact Sheet
- July 20, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Public Health Advisory System
- May 28, 2020 Press Release-DCGHD Change in Services in Response to COVID-19
- May 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 22, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 8, 2020 Press Release – Change in Services Updated
- March 26, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Third Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 26, 2020 Distrito de Salud General del Condado de Defiance Reporta El Tercer caso de enfermedad Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 20, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 17, 2020 Press Release – Changes in Services in Response to COVD-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Change in Services related to COVID-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – Coronavirus
- State of Ohio Press Conferences – at OhioChannel.org
Public Health Orders
*Click here for the full list of Public Health Orders
- Director’s Order for Social Distancing, Facial Covering, & Non-congregating 4/5/2021
- Director’s Order Rescinding Previous Orders 4/5/2021
- Director’s Second Amended Order that All Persons Stay at Home During Specified Hours Unless Engaged in Work or Essential Activity
- Director’s Third Amended Order for Non-Congregate Sheltering to be utilized throughout Ohio
- Director’s Order for Retail and Business Compliance for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio-11/16/2020
- Amended Order to Limit Access to Nursing Homes and Similar Facilities – 10/8/20
- Amended Sports Order – 9/25/20
- Amended Dine Safe Order (Impacting Retail Food Establishments) – 9/23/20
- Reporting & Notification of COVID-19 for K-12 Schools – 9/3/20
- Opening of Adult Day Care and Senior Centers – 8/31/20
- Youth, Collegiate, Amateur, Club, Professional Sports Orders (Amended) – 8/28/20
- Mandatory Requirements for Entertainment Venues – 8/25/2020
- Facial Coverings in Child Education Settings – 8/13/20
- Contact and Non-Contact Sports – 8/1/2020
- Amended Fair Orders – 7/30/2020
- State of Ohio Mask Mandate – 7/23/2020
- Extension of Public Health Orders – 7/7/2020
- Revised Order for Business Guidance and Social Distancing – 5/29/2020
- Stay Safe Ohio Orders – 4/30/2020
- Pubic Health Orders
- Stay at Home Orders Amended 4/2/2020
- K-12 School Orders – 3/30/20
- Stay at Home Orders 3/23/2020
- Restaurant and Bar Orders
- Mass Gathering Orders Amended – 3/17/2020