Defiance County Coronavirus Information
Defiance County Update
Defiance County COVID-19 numbers can be found by reviewing the Communicable Disease Report. This report is updated after the second Monday of each month.
Effective February 2023, Defiance County Health Department will no longer post a Monthly COVID-19 update. Defiance County COVID-19 Data can be found by visiting the CDC County Level COVID-19 Tracking page and the Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Dashboard
CDC Community Level
COVID-19 Community Levels are a new tool to help communities decide what prevention steps to take based on the latest data. Levels can be low, medium, or high and are determined by looking at hospital beds being used, hospital admissions, and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. Visit the CDC website to learn more.
The Ohio Department of Health’s (ODH) COVID-19 Dashboard displays the most recent data reported in Defiance County about cases, hospitalizations, deaths, and demographics related to COVID-19. The “COVID-19 Update” is updated after 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click the link below to view the Dashboard.
Ohio is distributing safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines statewide to those who choose to be vaccinated. Those that are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can contact one of the Defiance County locations found below. DCGHD is offering the Pfizer vaccine to those that are eligible.
Vaccine Booster Information
Booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for people as soon as eligible. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccine booster doses. Click the link below to learn more about primary and secondary boosters.
For more information, visit the Ohio Department of Health’s website at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov or call the Ohio Department of Health’s COVD-19 call center at 1-833-427-5634
Defiance County Provider Information
The information below is provided to DCGHD by the providers. Information is subject to change. Please contact the providers for additional information regarding scheduling.
|Mercy Health-Defiance||Call: 1-866-624-0366 (Press 2 for scheduling then Press 1 for Ohio then Press 3 for Toledo Region)
M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Residents will need to create an account in order to schedule an appointment.
|Community Memorial Hospital||Call Community Memorial Hospital at 419-542-5681|
|Hicksville Pharmacy||Call: 419-542-6218|
|Okuley Pharmacy||Call: 419-784-4800 Select option 2
Tuesday-Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm
OR visit https://www.okuleypharmacy.com/
|Rite Aid Pharmacy (North Clinton Street & E. Second St., Defiance)||Visit https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19|
|Meijer Pharmacy-Defiance||Visit https://clinic.meijer.com/ or text "COVID" to 75049|
|Wal-Mart Pharmacy - Defiance||Visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302|
|Defiance Everside Health (Activate)||Call: 419-782-2147
Address: 25568 Elliot Road Defiance, OH 43512
|Please contact a provider for vaccine instructions and availability - Updated 10/26/21|
Can I get the the vaccine?
Vaccine Links & Resources
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19
If you test positive for COVID-19, follow the isolation protocol according to CDC guidelines. Current isolation and quarantine guidance can be found by clicking here. If you must isolate because of a positive COVID-19 test result, and need a letter for work, school, or any other reason, please click the letter link below. You may contact our office to speak with a Public Health nurse at 419-784-3818.
The date of your exposure is considered day 0. Day 1 is the first full day after your last contact with a person who has had COVID-19. Stay home and away from other people for at least 5 days.
Separate yourself from others if you have COVID-19. Isolation is used to separate people infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, from people who are not infected. People who are in isolation should stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others. In the home, anyone sick or infected should separate themselves from others by staying in a specific “sick room” or area and using a separate bathroom (if available).
DCGHD has a limited supply of COVID-19 Home test kits
- Take-home COVID-19 Test Kits available at Defiance County Health Department by Calling 419-784-3818
- The BinaxNOW kit is a self administered COVID-19 antigen test
- Both proctored and un-proctored tests are available
- Proctored tests are observed by a professional at OHIO.EMED.COM and can be used for travel, or other circumstances that require a next test to resume activities
- Un-proctored tests can be used for testing for symptomatic individuals, but cannot be used for travel, or to end quarantine.
- View the BinaxNOW Covid-19 self test instruction video
- Positive test results can be reported to www.mynavica.abbott
- Users will need to create a account and click “”Self Report Results” under “My Profile”
- Each home can order COVID-19 test kits from the Federal Government
- Tests are free
- Orders will usually ship in 7-12 days
Considerations for getting tested for COVID-19
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19 may want to be tested
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19 may want to be tested.
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider, or health department.
Not everyone needs to be tested. If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
Two kinds of tests are available for COVID-19: viral tests and antibody tests. A viral test tells you if you have a current infection. An antibody test might tell you if you had a past infection.
DCGHD is working in collaboration the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and are actively monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. Steps you can take to prevent the spread of flu and common cold will also help prevent COVID-19. This includes covering your cough, washing your hands, implementing social distancing, wearing a face covering when around others, and getting vaccinated if eligible.
For accurate, up-to-date information on COVID-19 visit coronavirus.ohio.gov General information regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 can be obtained by calling the ODH call center at 1-833-4-ASK-OHIO (1-833-427-5634). Find us on Facebook for additional messaging and information regarding COVID-19.
Press Releases and Other News Releases
- January 14, 2022 – Increase in COVID-19 Activity
- November 16, 2021 Vaccine Clinic
- August 30, 2021
- May 18th, 2021-Changes in Services
- March 26th, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 2D
- March 18,2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1E, Phase 1C, Phase 2D
- March 11, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1D and Phase 2B
- March 3, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1C and Phase 2
- February 12, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B
- February 5, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 65 years of age and older
- January 28, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 70 years of age and older
- January 21, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B
- January 14, 2021-COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B 80 Years of Age and Older
- December 31, 2020-COVID-19 Vaccine-Defiance County
- December 21, 2020-DCGHD COVID-19 Holiday Safety
- December 9, 2020-COVID-19 Updated COVID-19 Quarantine (close contact) Guidance-Defiance County
- November 13, 2020-COVID-19 Pop-up Testing Event in Defiance County Press Release
- November 3, 2020- DCGHD Changes in Services in Response to COVID-19
- October 29, 2020- COVID19 Pop-up Testing Event in Defiance County Press Release
- October 26,2020- DCGHD Increase in Cases and Wastewater Data Press Release
- October 9, 2020 – DCGHD COVID-19 Halloween Safety
- August 18, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreaks
- July 24, 2020 Press Release – Defiance County Ohio Statewide Mask Mandate Joint Press Release
- July 23, 2020 Press Release – Public Health Advisory System Update and Fact Sheet
- July 20, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Public Health Advisory System
- May 28, 2020 Press Release-DCGHD Change in Services in Response to COVID-19
- May 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 22, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Death
- April 8, 2020 Press Release – Change in Services Updated
- March 26, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Third Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 26, 2020 Distrito de Salud General del Condado de Defiance Reporta El Tercer caso de enfermedad Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 21, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports Second Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 20, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Reports First Positive Case of COVID-19
- March 17, 2020 Press Release – Changes in Services in Response to COVD-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – DCGHD Change in Services related to COVID-19
- March 13, 2020 Press Release – Coronavirus