Defiance County Health Department provides a range of immunizations to those that qualify. Browse the tabs to learn more about immunizations provided by the Health Department.
Annual influenza vaccination is recommended for all persons age 6 months and older to decrease morbidity and mortality caused by influenza. Healthcare providers should consult current influenza vaccine recommendations for guidance around the timing of administration and use of specific vaccines.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused healthcare providers to change how they operate to continue to provide essential services to patients. Ensuring immunization services are maintained or reinitiated is essential for protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases and outbreaks and reducing the burden of respiratory illness during influenza season.
DCGHD is currently a provider for COVID-19 vaccine, please contact our office for a list of vaccine clinic options. A full list of providers in Defiance County can be found here.
Healthcare providers, whether they administer vaccines or not, should take steps to ensure that their patients receive vaccines according to the Standards for Adult Immunization Practice. Older adults and adults with underlying medical conditions are particularly at increased risk for preventable disease and complications if vaccination is deferred. The Health Department has vaccines available to persons without health insurance or covered by Medicaid.
Each year, top disease experts and doctors who care for children work together to decide what to recommend that will best protect U.S. children from diseases. The schedule is evaluated each year based on the most recent scientific data available
Healthcare providers should identify children who have missed well-child visits and/or recommended vaccinations and contact parents to schedule in-person appointments, starting with newborns, infants and children up to 24 months, young children, and extending through adolescence. The Health Department has vaccines available to persons without health insurance or covered by Medicaid.
What do I need to bring?
- Copy of child’s Immunization record
- Copy of Medicaid insurance card (if applicable)
- A child less than 18 years of age who is accompanied by an adult other than the parent or guardian written permission is required. Print and complete the following form: Accompaniment Immunization Permission Form
As of May 18th, 2021, DCGHD will be resuming regular Immunization Clinics by appointment only. For Clinic time or to schedule an appointment, please call (419) 784-3818 and ask to speak with a Public Health Nurse
*No COVID-19 vaccinations will be administered at these clinics.
All Immunization clinics will be by appointment only.
- Defiance Immunization Information:
- Dates: Contact us for upcoming dates
- Time: Contact us for current clinic times
- Location: Defiance County Health Department, 1300 East Second Street, Defiance, OH 43512
- Hicksville Immunization Clinic Information:
- Dates: Sept 28, Oct 26, Nov 23, and Dec 21
- Time: 1:00-4:00pm
- Location: Hicksville Huber Opera House, 157 E. High Street, Hicksville, OH 43526
The fee for immunizations is subject to change each year. Visit the Community Health Fee Schedule page to see the current cost for immunizations provided by the Health Department.